Friday, October 28, 2011

Faithful God

Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, in the very heart of your house, you children like olive plants all around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord. Psalm 128:3&4


It was one year ago this month that James and I made the decision to try to get pregnant. We we're excited and to be honest, a bit scared! It's such a sobering thing to realize you will be responsible for a life, and our lives would change in such a huge way because of it.  All along, we never had any idea what the next year would really hold for us. Now, six months after we lost our little Eternity Grace, we are celebrating a new life inside me! Jesus has been so faithful, and He is so good to fulfill the desires of our hearts. His ways are not my ways, but instead of having one child a year later, I now am blessed with two: one I must wait for a while to meet, and one I get to meet in just a few months time. I'm 12 weeks (and a few days!) along, and only 4 months after surgery I became pregnant with this one! It's been quite a journey for me due to a very bad case of morning/afternoon/evening sickness. I truly didn't know it was possible to be this sick, so it's caused me put everything else aside and focus on simply surviving during this time. I'm very anxious to put this stage behind me and be free to enter into the full joy of the coming baby. The Lord has given James and I some insight into a couple of our future children including names, so we very anxious to find out if it's a girl or a boy to know who they are! 

I'd like to take a minute and talk about how thankful I am for Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM).  James was very determined that we get some kind of health care before we started a family.  I am so thankful for my wise and kind husband! We decided on CHM because it best suited our needs, and we loved the idea of the Body of Christ coming together and truly acting as the Acts Church and caring for each other in a very practical way. CHM is not an insurance company but rather a very large group of believers that pay in a certain amount of money on a monthly basis, which then becomes a pool of money that goes towards the health care costs that may arise for individual members. There are three different levels costing different amounts the can fit each budget and health care needs. For me, we chose the highest level, Gold, which, over the course of a year, ends up costing much less then what we would pay out of pocket without any health care coverage for prenatal and birth costs. All this to say- Our first pregnancy was NOT normal and instead of a few thousand dollars it was close to $15,000 AFTER discounts. I cannot thank my husband who made the decision to first get health care coverage before we got pregnant with my ectopic, and I can't thank Christian Healthcare Ministries enough for providing such a wonderful service that was so easy to work with in the midst of a hard time.
I pray that my story can be an advocate to encourage you to have some kind of insurance or health care coverage, both James and I went years without it, and for the time that was totally fine for us. But I am so thankful we have coverage now, and love that we have the opportunity to be a part of a body of believers that can take care of each other rather then depending on the government to provide for our needs.
If you are interested in Christian Healthcare Ministries please message me for more details and our personal referral link.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaay Julie!!! How exciting!!! :) I'm glad I got wind of the exciting news, even in Tacoma, Washington! Love you!

    Hannah Joy Bauer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah!!! I asked James the other day " What ever happened to Hannah Bauer?!?" and he informed me of your new location! I then tried to find you on facebook but your not on it anymore! It's so good to hear from you!! How are you!?!?

    ReplyDelete